...randomness surrounding Guided by Voices, Robert Pollard, and other great indie rock bands; a quasi objective look at "my" sporting teams; the random horror film; plus other crap as we see fit...all with a Pittsburgh based feel.

Friday, June 08, 2012

Official EUROS 2012 picks

Here's your WINNERS:

Group A:












RUSSIA - WINNER
Poland - runner-up

Tough call here for 2nd place, going with the home side to edge out those crazy Czechs.

Group B:

 

NETHERLANDS (aka: Holland) - WINNER
Germany - runner-up

Van Persie scores when he wants. He scores when he wants. Portugal and that wanker Ronaldo are the odd team out in the group of death.

Group C:

 

SPAIN - WINNER
Croatia - runner-up

Hate going against my Beloved Italia. But they've got issues. Word on the streets is they're experimenting with a 3-man back line, with De Rossi as the lone central defender?!? WTF? That worked out real well for Inter Milan this year. I'll be pulling hard to the contrary, but I think my Azzurri is effed.

Group D:

 

FRANCE - WINNER
England - runner-up

I like the new regime and youth movement from the Frenchies. And even with England's injury woes, I'll take them to get by Ibra and those silly Swedes.

IF ALL ABOVE HOLD TRUE:

QUARTERS:

Germany over Russia. Germany - WINNER
Netherlands over Poland. Dutch - WINNER
Spain over England.  Spain - WINNER
France over Croatia. France - WINNER

SEMIS:

 

Upset: Germany over Spain. Just because I'm crazy. Germans, WINNER.
NED over France. NED - WINNER.

FINAL:

NED over Germany. Book it. NED, WINNER.

 

No comments: